Missing references while Installing Demo Setup tool
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.13 (Build 39571)
Platform Version
11.10.0 (Build 22422)

As a part of the Demo Setup, I was installing Demo Setup v3.3 on the new environment, there it reported inconsistent references in two of the modules. 

I opened the errored modules to refresh the dependencies, but then it goes gaga... The missing Producers. Any idea from where to get these?

1. Module DemoSetup

2. Module LifetimeAnalyticsSampleData 

Solution

After brainstorming with Support for a few days and hustling around, we concluded that Demo Setup is an application for partners and tailored for a cloud Demo infrastructure where Lifetime and Development share the same server. This is why some system components appear to be missing. 

As a result, the enablement resource/manual has been updated with below alert message.

The Demo Setup tool is to ONLY be installed in environments used to demonstrate OutSystems applications, meaning in Partner environments or those of internal people at OutSystems.

It should NEVER be installed in client environments, for any reason whatsoever.

Regards,

Swatantra

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Swatantra Kumar you can get the missing modules/extensions from the following links:

https://www.outsystems.com/downloads/ScreenDetails.aspx?MajorVersion=11&ReleaseId=19601&ComponentName=LifeTime 

https://www.outsystems.com/Downloads/ScreenDetails.aspx?MajorVersion=11&ReleaseId=19588&ComponentName=Platform+Server

You need to download the files and extract the .exe to folders:

After extract the content of the .exe files to folders you can find the lifetime modules from LifeTime.osp file and the OMLProcessor.xif file under the folder of the platform server:

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your response. 

If I understood you correctly, your advice is to download the Platform servers and LifeTime and extract (install) it somewhere to get (extract) the missing .oml and .xif files. Is that correct? 

I am wondering if these are/were part of the installation bundle already, why it is missing on our environment in the first place. Good to mention, I'm installing the enablement shared resource "Demo Setup" on the already running development environment under managed cloud infrastructure.

Additionally, since the missing modules are named after LifeTime, out of curiosity I checked our LifeTime environment, and guess what... all these modules are present on the Lifetime.

So, now the next question comes to mind, why the installation manual (link in the original question) instructs to install the Demo Setup tool on the development server?

Regards,

Swatantra

Solution

After brainstorming with Support for a few days and hustling around, we concluded that Demo Setup is an application for partners and tailored for a cloud Demo infrastructure where Lifetime and Development share the same server. This is why some system components appear to be missing. 

As a result, the enablement resource/manual has been updated with below alert message.

The Demo Setup tool is to ONLY be installed in environments used to demonstrate OutSystems applications, meaning in Partner environments or those of internal people at OutSystems.

It should NEVER be installed in client environments, for any reason whatsoever.

Regards,

Swatantra

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.