Different behavior on SEO Site Rules from OS10 to OS11
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello,

I'm currently testing the update between OS10 and OS11 and I'm noticing a different behaviour between the versions.

On OS10 I have a SEO Site Rule that says that the domain xxx.pt has as root application the FO. So what happens in the OS10 version is that when I navigate in the xxx.pt website the application is hidden and I don't see in the navigation bar the application name. Example: lets say that application FO as a screen called Dashboard.aspx on the OS10 I navigate to the site xxx.pt and I'm redirect to xxx.pt/Dashboard.aspx and the application name is hidden.

On the OS11 version I replicated exactly the same configurations but what is happening is that when I navigate to xxx.pt I'm redirect to  xxx.pt/FO/Dashboard.aspx and in all the navigation the application name is always there.

Was there a change on how the SEO Site Rule is handled that justify this different behaviour?

Thanks!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Eduardo,

I had never experimented SEO rules in P10 but in P11 it should omit the module name if you navigate to a domain which has a module defined as a root for that domain in a Site Rule. Perhaps, you want to republish a solution, or clean the cache of your browser?

Besides that, it also happens that once you navigate for other screens on the same module via screen destinations (and so on), your SEO rules are not applied anymore.

A way to make sure the SEO rules defined in Service Center are always applied, is to use the URL_GetSEOURL function from SEOUtils On Steroids forge component to navigate to a screen:

It works just like GetEntryURL and it makes sure the URL follows the SEO Rules defined in Service Center (check the tab Documentation for more details).

Kind Regards,
João

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. 

I have republish the solution and clean the cache but I still am redirected to the URL with the application prefix...

I'm not competing understanding how the URL_GetSEOURL will help me since on my application I don't have redirect and on OS10 this is done by the SEO Site Rule.

Best regards.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Eduardo,

For some reason I missed your answer.

The suggestion for URL_GetSEOURL was for further scenarios, not for the site rule to be ignored.

Are you working in an On-Premises or Cloud infrastructure?

If you are working on an On-Premises infrastructure, make sure your ISAPI Filters are installed correctly (more information here).

If you are working on the Cloud, I would try restarting the front-end server(s) (if possible) and, if that does not solve the issue, contact OutSystems Support.

Kind Regards,
João

Hi João,

Thank you for your answer. The environment is working On-Premisses. I already look at the ISAPI Filters installation guide and everything seems to be correct...

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Eduardo

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Eduardo,

I would try to check a few topics and if no result comes from there, I would contact OutSystems Support:

• Does any of the SEO rules work or is it just the Site Rule? Do page, module or redirect rules work?
  • Have you checked the OsISAPI.log to keep track of detailed information about URLs transformations and ISAPI Filters status? This will allow you to understand if they are being applied at all.
  • You mentioned the Dashboard.aspx screen, so I presume it is a Traditional Web application. Take into account that SEO rules are currently not supported directly by Reactive applications. The workaround is to have a Traditional Web application with the SEO rule that redirects to the Reactive application.
  • Have you checked the tab Network in Chrome Developer Tools to see if there is any redirect when you access the page on the browser?

Some of the points above may help you pinpoint what is going wrong and correct it.

If you still can't have this situation figured out by then, I would suggest to open a ticket with OutSystems support with all your analysis so they can help you out.

Kind Regards,
João

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.