[FileSystem] File_Move Error - Cannot create a file when that file already exists
filesystem
Service icon
Forge component by João Portela
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.1 (Build 35288)
Platform Version
11.10.1 (Build 23852)

I get the following error when I run the FileSystem.File_Move Action.

"Win32Error: 183  System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

This error doesn't make any sense. File Move isn't creating a file, it is moving one. There isn't a file at the destination and File Move says it will overwrite a file at the destination if there is one. 

Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error and how to fix it?

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it. The File_Move action has a input parameter DestinationDirectoryPath. But if you input a directory name, then you will always get the error "183.... ".

The parameter is wrongly named, you should supply the full path of destination directory + separator + filename for this action to work.

So happy you guys shared this information. Just stumbled upon this exact same problem. And now I have the solution. Thank you guys for sharing! How did this not get noticed before sending to the forge? Who checks these things?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.