Any way to enable PWA for a Reactive Web App?
Question

From the documentation, one must select Phone App or Tablet App app template to enable PWA distribuition.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Distribute_as_a_progressive_web_app

I wonder if there is any way to enable PWA for a Reactive Web App, since PWAs can now be installed on Desktop.

Hi Touré,

At this moment it's not possible to publish a Reactive as a PWA app.

What you can do is to develop a mobile app using the same components of the Reactive App and then enable the PWA option.

If the architecture is correct and you've created CW's you can just use the same Web blocks in both apps. 

Hope it helps.

Ricardo Pisco.

Hi Touré Holder

To know more info about RWA vs PWA, check this article: https://medium.com/@techrug/are-outsystems-reactive-web-apps-the-same-as-progressive-web-apps-6260426555d6

One more thing: In PWA if your mobile app has some functionality that requires Cordova, that functionality will not work on the browser.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thanks! But, I actually have no doubts about the difference between RWA and PWA. My question is if it is possible to create a RWA that is a PWA.

Take youtube.com for example. It's a website that is an installable PWA also on desktop with Chrome on Windows, and Mac (not sure about Linux).

I just want to confirm that the documentation is up-to-date and correct and that one must chose Phone App or Tablet App app template to enable PWA distribution.

Hi Touré,

At this moment it's not possible to publish a Reactive as a PWA app.

What you can do is to develop a mobile app using the same components of the Reactive App and then enable the PWA option.

If the architecture is correct and you've created CW's you can just use the same Web blocks in both apps. 

Hope it helps.

Ricardo Pisco.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.