[Advanced Excel] Uploading encrypted excel file in outSystems (using Reactive)
Forge component by Carlos Freitas

Hello People out there....

Hope all is fine and well at your end.

I have a blocker using advance excel component using in outSystems 11 Reactive web development as follows below:

1. I have a functionality to upload excel file, read all the columns/row data and show in the accordion.

2. If I upload  w/o password protected excel file, it is getting uploaded without any issue.

3. But if I upload password protected excel file, it shows below error. (This feature I needed as per my business requirements)

4. When using advance excel component. It does not have any method from which it could read a password from imported excel file.

5. Do you help me out here by sharing your thoughts?

HI Pavan Suthar Jethmal

It's not possible to import an encrypted file. 

You can check here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/Errors_and_Warnings/Errors/Invalid_Excel_Import_Error

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thanks for your input @Goncalo Almeida . I was checking out for solutions across forum.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Pavan

Do you have the password for the excel file?

Yes Hanno. I have a password for opening excel file.

mvp_badge
MVP

I see it is not currently supported by the component. Shouldn't be too hard to add in if someone wanted to. I'll see if I can manage to do so somewhere this week or the weekend.

That would be great Hanno.
Thanks a ton if this would get implemented through code.

Hanno

I would future like to add that is, for any excel file, there are different password level protection, example for worksheet or opening a file.
Would need to see if all those below highlighted gets covered under same version if codes gets deployed.

info setting view in excel file

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.