i want to change the status of a listed record from another record edit screen!

i want to change the status of a listed record from another record edit screen!

The following application registers documents at the filing section, therefore people can book out the original documents if they don't want a scanned one. so what i need is for the status in the new requestor screen to update the status of the selected document in the document list i.e. the document that is booked out should be automatically updated in the document list. and would also want to make a new request of the document listed if available without navigating to new requestor! how can one add a date & time (current) automatically? lastly how do i upload a document?
Hi Tshegetsang,

There are lots of questions here! Let me try to answer them one by one, as much as possible:

what i need is for the status in the new requestor screen to update the status of the selected document in the document list i.e. the document that is booked out should be automatically updated in the document list.

If I read your eSpace correctly, from looking at it, in the Save action, from the Requestor_Edit screen, you should also change the respective Document attributes and save them in the database.

For this to happen, you'll probably need to:

1 - Get the respective document from the database, with a GetForUpdate entity action.
2 - Update it, with the Assign node.
3 - Store it in the database, with the Update entity action.

and would also want to make a new request of the document listed if available without navigating to new requestor! how can one add a date & time (current) automatically?

The current date time can be set, using an assign node, and the built-in function CurrDateTime().

lastly how do i upload a document?

You should use the Input Filename widget to select the file, and then store it in a database entity, with a Binary Data type attribute.

I hope these will get you started.

Do let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
As a follow up the assign node is giving me trouble! can you please rephrase or futher detail your answer!

thanks
Hi Tshetsetang,

What kind of trouble are you getting with the assign node? Have you read our help section on the Assign node? Does it help?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares