Error sending email through my application

Error sending email through my application

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble sending emails through my application.

As stated in this post: http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Tip%3A-Using-your-GMAIL-account-to-send-emails-from-the-Community-Edition , I set up my Service Center to send emails from my Gmail account.

However, after performing the send email action, the following error was raised:
Error sending email 9: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 209.85.229.109:587    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at #s1b.#r1b.#e.#v1b.#r1b().

Does anyone have any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nelson Pinto
Hi Nelson, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

From the error description, I would suggest that the Agile Platform server machine cannot reach the mail server.

Are you behind a firewall? It could be that either the mail server address is blocked, or the port 587 is blocked for that type of connections.

I would suggest talking to your systems administrator about that particular issue.

One other way to troubleshoot it is to open a command line in the server machine, and try to ping the server, by executing the command

ping 209.85.229.109

If that doesn't work, you'll already know that the address is being blocked.

If that works, ask your system administrator about it. It is not uncommon for specific addresses or ports being blocked for an entire company, or for specific machines in a company.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

hi paulo ,after checking my email settings i tried sending email using the gmail smtp server configuration and it generated a new set of error at email log at service center:

Error sending email 409: 555 5.5.2 Syntax error. k7sm5755845wia.5
555 5.5.2 Syntax error. k7sm5755845wia.5
RCPT TO: <dexterity4u@yahoo.com
dexterity4u@gmail.com>
Stack:
at #MFd.#LFd.#2Gd(String smtpserver, Int32 smtpserverport, #pxd authType, String username, String password, String mail, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc)
at #KFd.#PFd.#tzb()
at #KFd.#PFd.#Lkd()
at #KFd.#XFd.#Lkd(#Pdd job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=6.0.1.10)
RequestUrl: (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale: 
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 1536 ('Scheduler', Started='3/21/2012 3:55:21 PM', Priv=80Mb, Virt=618Mb)
TID: 12
Thread Name: Email Processor #2
.NET: 2.0.50727.5420

please any suggestions will be appreciated.