What is the difference between an Input Variable and an Input Parameter if there is?
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive, Service

After going through the course, I kept hearing Input Variable when at first instance, but when used, say in preparation, you hear  Input Variable becomes Input Parameter.

So, it became a little tricky for me to understand the difference that is if there is at all. and my question is:

What is the difference between an Input Variable and an Input Parameter if there is?

That's just linguistic. A screen receives an input parameter that is treated as a variable in Preparation or other screen actions, they are basically the same, they have a type and a name.

Thank you

Hi @Joel Isuwa 

You can also check this video regarding variables: https://www.outsystems.com/training/lesson/2069/variables?LearningPathId=18

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thank you.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Joel, rather than littering the discussion with thank you messages, you could also post one "Thank you all" :) Or even better, just like them, and if the reply of a community member was the solution for you mark it as solution. 

This keeps the discussion thread clean and on the content.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joel,

Complementing what was said by José Gonçalves,

see this document about Variables.

Best regards.

Thank you

That's just linguistic. A screen receives an input parameter that is treated as a variable in Preparation or other screen actions, they are basically the same, they have a type and a name.

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joel,

Complementing what was said by José Gonçalves,

see this document about Variables.

Best regards.

Thank you

Hi @Joel Isuwa 

You can also check this video regarding variables: https://www.outsystems.com/training/lesson/2069/variables?LearningPathId=18

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thank you.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Joel, rather than littering the discussion with thank you messages, you could also post one "Thank you all" :) Or even better, just like them, and if the reply of a community member was the solution for you mark it as solution. 

This keeps the discussion thread clean and on the content.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.