Android debugging not working
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.15 (Build 40206)

Hi.

I'm working on a mobile app

So, I was trying to debug my app via android but something is happening that wasn't suppose. Is not my first time debugging, where the other times it worked properly. Today morning, was all good too, but some time ago, my service studio stopped working properly, I guess.

I connected the USB cable, put the programmer mode on phone, start the debug via android, and tried the app. When I saw that the code wasn't stopping on the breakpoints, I went to see what's going on.

I found that the Service Studio when I click the Android device debug, it connects to something random. I unplugged my USB cable,  but yet, when pressed the button to start to debug on Android, instead of appearing "Progress Searching for device" and the modal "Setting up a connection to android", it just starts the debug WHEN NOTHING IS CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.

I tried to reset the programmer setting on the phone, restart it, restart the service studio, restart the computer, generate another app, but nothing is working and I can't make the SS debug correctly again.

You can check the video available on the following link. As you can see, the supposed output for button click on android debug should be similar to the ios, since I don't have either ios/android device connected to the computer at the moment, but it isn't.

https://joaoxensa.outsystemscloud.com/VideoTest/Entry1.aspx?_ts=637527171639579506

UPDATE:

The OutSystems response:

We analyzed the reported issue and concluded that this is an issue introduced in Service Studio 11.10.1 / 11.10.2 / 11.10.3 / 11.10.4
The issue is currently under analysis and will be fixed in a future version of the Service Studio. You will be able to track this change in the Release Notes with the id RPM-664.

Currently, the workaround we suggest is to use a version of Service Studio inferior to version 11.10.1

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Joao,

What version of Service Studio do you have? There was a version that had a bug in it that prevented debugging Android devices from working. See the release notes of version 11.10.6 that has a fix. 

Hi. My Service Studio version is 11.10.15 (Build 40206) 

mvp_badge
MVP

Well, it shound't happen with that version. Did you update it since the last time it was ok? If so, you could try downgrading to that older version and see if it works again.

Before it stopped working, I didn't do anything, just stopped.
I tried to upgrade to 11.10.16, but it didn't work as well.
I had to downgrade to 11.09 last version, to make it work again, but if someone knows how to make it work again on the last versions of 11.10, I would appreciate.

mvp_badge
MVP

If it works in 11.09, but is broken in 11.10 and up, be sure to report this to OutSystems support, so they can fix it.

Already contacted them, just waiting for their response. Thank you for the support.

UPDATE:

The OutSystems response:

We analyzed the reported issue and concluded that this is an issue introduced in Service Studio 11.10.1 / 11.10.2 / 11.10.3 / 11.10.4
The issue is currently under analysis and will be fixed in a future version of the Service Studio. You will be able to track this change in the Release Notes with the id RPM-664.

Currently, the workaround we suggest is to use a version of Service Studio inferior to version 11.10.1

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks for reporting back. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.