Delete and Save validation message
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello,

kindly, guide me on how to configure delete and Save button on my App.

I have a Save Button on sales detail page. 

I want a situation whereby if the user click the Save button, a confirmation message will popup.

The message will ask "Do you want to save?"

If the user select yes then the data will be saved if the user select no, the data will not be saved

I also have a delete button on my sales list screen, 

I want a situation whereby if the user click delete button, a message will pop up.

The message will ask "Do you want to delete ?"

if the user select yes, the data will be deleted, if the user select no, the data will not be deleted

Please, kindly help guide me. Regards

Solution

As suggested in the link in my previous post, you have several options for a customized confirmation prompt including components on the Forge, however, I recommend a modal widget for your specific needs. I have attached an oml for a modal demo for save/delete that should save you a lot of time. Happy coding.

DemoPopUpModal.oml

Hello @Harrison

The Button widget comes with a 'Confirmation Message' feature out of the box. So you could you just customize the message you want to be popped up for either Save or Delete.

It produces a browser specific alert as shown below:

This is the quickest and easiest way to accomplish what you need. Hope this helps.

If, however, you need a more customized prompt and messaging, this post may help you - https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/66911/confirmation-dialog-box-with-yes-and-no-button/ 

Best regards,

AJ

Thanks for the guide. Please, is it possible to remove the url (the web address) from the message ?

is there a way to remove outsystemscloud.com says ? Please guide me

Solution

As suggested in the link in my previous post, you have several options for a customized confirmation prompt including components on the Forge, however, I recommend a modal widget for your specific needs. I have attached an oml for a modal demo for save/delete that should save you a lot of time. Happy coding.

DemoPopUpModal.oml

Champion

Hi Harrison,
You can use the Confirmation Message property of the button. You can configure the message as per your need.
Once the user selects Yes on the confirmation popup the button's screen action gets executed, and if you select No button's screen action is not executed.

Thanks for the positive response. Please, is it possible to remove the url (the web address) from the message ?

is there a way to remove outsystemscloud.com says ? Please guide me. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Harrison,

this is simple alert message of client script. and it will always show the site URL.

I don't think this url can be removed.

You can try another way -

Create a one webblock for alert message (Confirmation ) provide two option Yes and No. and use this on Popup and handle by event.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Reuse_UI/Use_Events_to_Propagate_Changes_From_a_Block_to_the_Parent

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul

Hi Harriosn,

You can also use modal for both confirmation and validation messages, Please see the following post for modal ,

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/69044/how-to-display-a-dialog-box-when-i-close-the-popup/#

Hope this help,

Kind regards,

Komal

Thanks to everyone that took time to recommend solution. A special thanks to AJ. AJ's oml gave me full understanding of the issue and solved the problem.
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.