JSON deserialization not working as expected

I did the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KfuGTxLQBo on how to deserialze json and render the values of objects in outsystem.

There is an issue, the customerdetails screen is not displaying the data. Not sure what went wrong.

Steps:

1- Got the Json file sample from JSON generator website

2- Created a excel file with 6 cells of each json object . quick question, the file i used is small , the way i did the excel is to split the json objects in excel cell and then imported to outsystems. is this best practice for larger json files?

3- imported the excel sheet (bootstrap) created an entity customer_data

4- created a the deserialization process, like below snapshot 

5- The OML file is attached , you will notice that customer details page is not displaying data as expected!

I did the steps to the dot, not sure what is missing?

ReadFromJSON.oml

Hello  Manah Hamadeh

I Checked you Oml File you attached, you made a small mistake while looping the records 

Please see the below screenshots 

Before: it means your code (its Mistake) here you are passing local variable to the loop

Correct: you need to pass record lost from the entity as shown below: 

final output:

so please change it and its works fine :)

@Srinivas Singadi Appreciate it, if worked just fine.

I had one more question which was posted initially. Is it best practice to prepare the dataset manually by splitting the json objects and doing that manually, such as excel sheet importing it to outsystems.

In my case, I have a nested json objects within objects. In this case it will be more efficient if there is a method / solution to save json object as a dataset inorder to start extracting pair values in a record list.

would this be something duable? I saw few example where few extra steps were provided but it was not comprehensive. any ideas?

Hello  Manah Hamadeh

it's not good by doing it manually instead of that you can upload them directly from the browser(by upload widget)

and you can create the structure for your Json in OutSystems 

after uploading the file you can convert it from excel to record list(str you created) then with the record list you can display it in UI

apologies, changed the post, and looking to make more specific and clearer in my context. just to answer your question, I did the youtube part, which is really what my question is about. specifically, the data is not getting rendered. 

Hello Manah Hamadeh

First things first 

1. First you need to convert JSON attach file into OutSystems object (use JSON deserialize)

2. In step two you have two ways 

a. bulk insert into an entity 

b.or loop through the record list you got from the JSON deserialize and insert it into an entity 

I hope this helps you

apologies, changed the post, and looking to make more specific and clearer in my context. I did the deserialization as attached in OML file. added data to customerlist local variable , defined as customerlist. same issue.

Hello Manah Hamadeh

If its solved your problem please mark as solution, 

Thank you :)

Hello  Manah Hamadeh

I Checked you Oml File you attached, you made a small mistake while looping the records 

Please see the below screenshots 

Before: it means your code (its Mistake) here you are passing local variable to the loop

Correct: you need to pass record lost from the entity as shown below: 

final output:

so please change it and its works fine :)

@Srinivas Singadi Appreciate it, if worked just fine.

I had one more question which was posted initially. Is it best practice to prepare the dataset manually by splitting the json objects and doing that manually, such as excel sheet importing it to outsystems.

In my case, I have a nested json objects within objects. In this case it will be more efficient if there is a method / solution to save json object as a dataset inorder to start extracting pair values in a record list.

would this be something duable? I saw few example where few extra steps were provided but it was not comprehensive. any ideas?

Hello  Manah Hamadeh

it's not good by doing it manually instead of that you can upload them directly from the browser(by upload widget)

and you can create the structure for your Json in OutSystems 

after uploading the file you can convert it from excel to record list(str you created) then with the record list you can display it in UI

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.