Continue execution after exception

Hi,

I am calling custom method Categories_GetIcon. 

I have handled exception in this method, so expecting calling method to be executed after exception.

But when exception occurs inside Categories_GetIcon method then logic below is not executing. 

Below is snapshot of Categories_GetIcon method.

Best Regards,

Nitin

Did you set Abort Transaction to No?

@José Gonçalves 

I have not set Abort Transaction to No.

Regards,

Nitin

Hello, @Nitin Chavan What is happening? what are you calling first and what you want to do?

If there is an exception then the exception it will run, and continue the flow without executing what you want.

Trying to help :)

Cumps

Hi @Marcio Carvalho ,

1. Categories_Create which is calling action Categories_GetIcon

2. Categories_GetIcon 

This method call S3 URL to get image binary. When image is not available 404 error occurs. Inside this method I have handled exception. After exception I want remaining code of calling action(Categories_Create) to be executed.

Best Regards,

Nitin

Did you set Abort Transaction to No?

@José Gonçalves 

I have not set Abort Transaction to No.

Regards,

Nitin

Hi @Nitin Chavan,

That is surely unexpected flow behavior and I was unable to reproduce your scenario with the information you have provided. Regardless of the Abort transaction setting (yes/ no), after the exception occurs in the called action, the flow should jump back to the calling action and continue on.

Are you seeing any other errors, possibly fatal errors, in Service Center -> Monitoring, around the timestamp when you encounter the exception? Additionally, what does GetRequest_Submit do?

It would be helpful if you can share screenshots, error details and/or any service studio logs.

Regards,

AJ

Hi @=AJ= ,

GetRequest_Submit method is hitting Amazon S3 URL to get image from s3 bucket. Sometime requested image is not available in s3 bucket and it's giving 404 error and code goes to exception block.

I have handled exception in Categories_GetIcon method. So when exception occurs in this method I want code after calling Categories_GetIcon should be executed.

Best Regards,

Nitin

Champion

Hi @Nitin Chavan,

That is really weird behavior. Did you debug into this action flow to see what happens?

One possibility is another exception raised by "Assign Category icon" node.

Regards,

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.