[Entities Compare Sample] Automation of "Data Load (Bootstrap)" from file system(Excel) to "Entity (DB)" in app
Forge component by Matheus Medeiros
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.17 (Build 41113)
Platform Version
11.11.2 (Build 29540)

Dear All,

I developed my first application and it includes entity creation using "Import New Entities From Excel".

I'm able to load both the sheets "India" and "Malaysia" from workbook.

Two resources were created each one for both the sheets and also the bootstraps.

Now I'm updating the excel sheets in file system by adding coupe of new records.

So can anyone guide me on how to get the updated/new records into the entity in my application?

Is there a way to automate the action or do I need to trigger that manually as below?

If it can be automated, how can I place the updated excel file in the "Resources" folder?

Because whenever I tried to schedule the "Bootstrap", it is not updating the new records.

I'm in learning path, so please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Thanks,

Thiyag.

Are you wanting to update these entities regularly? The Bootstrap is more intended for initial population of an entity as part of the development process however if you want to add additional content at regular times after deploying then you are better off including an option in your application itself to upload an excel file, iterate through the file and add the content to the entity. Have a look at the file upload and Excel to List components.

Hi Jeanene, Yes, I want to update the entity regularly from excel sheet.

And thanks much for sharing the option, I'll try this and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.