How to link buttons to different screens ?

Hi Community,

I am a beginner and want to link every button to different screen as i have created different question screens, I am unable to link different question screen to the result button which i have created , I can only link one question screen to a button as it is allowing me to do that only,

Please help me understand how to do that linking of different screen to a different buttons

NorthWind.oml

Hi Ritech,

set the destination of the button an action and pass as parameter the screen you want (defined by some rule):

In the action create a switch to redirect to the screen you want:

Hello Jose,

Can you please give me some more clarity

thankyou

If it's possible for you, Komal suggestion is cleaner.

However if you really need all those screens follow my suggestion. What you don't understand from my post?

Hi Ritesh,

I saw your attached OML, Instead of creating new screen for single question do it in single screen with display variable, 

like you have 18 question, for each question you will have container with display condition in single screen .

Create a local Boolean variable, and on each next click change its value to true and assign that boolean variable to container's display property so that your next question conation can display.

Hope this help,

Regards,

Komal

Hi Ritesh,

I hope you are doing well.

As if you have so many screens and and buttons you can go on every remark button and give new screen Action.

On that screen Action you can set Destination widget instead of End widget and give the destination screen which you want. 

I have Shared the screenshot of widget as well how to set destination at the end.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards.

Rajeshree.

widgetandscreen.png

Hi Ritesh,

the best thing is to do is , keep all your question screens information in a single screen and enclose each question information in a container, if your Id's are matching with questions, in button click add a switch case and add  many local boolean variables to match the number of questions and assign them to the each containers visible property and whenever you click on a button pass the Id as input parameter and set the relevant question boolean variable to true so that only that container will be visible.

Thanks,

Sai.

Hi Ritest,

I updated you .oml file. The idea is that just use 1 screen for question as many friends mentioned above.

These are steps that I updated in the .oml file:

1. Adding QuestionNumber static entity: this is for classify the questions into group (category).

2. Adding FK QuestionNumberId under NorthWind_Questions entity.

3. Adding Server action named: GetNextQuestion for getting next question base on the current question input. For current code, if question go to last question it will restart (back to first question).

4. Added QuestionDetail: input is questionNumberId and inside just get questions base on the input. The Next button will call the  GetNextQuestion action to get next question number Id.

5. Updated QuestionScreen: The Result button will link to QuestionDetail with current QuestionNumberId.

Hope this is clear and help,

Khuong

NorthWind.oml

Hello Ritesh,

Here I am attaching the link  for your reference. You can find here How to link buttons to different screens    

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/71514/help-me-i-have-a-button-in-my-app-and-i-want-a-certain-page-to-open-on-click/

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/71619/help-me-with-a-guide-on-how-to-link-multiple-pages-with-one-button/

Please let me know if your need more help on it.

All The Best.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.