funnel highcharts demo error
Question

I am using the AdvancedFormatInit to change the type of my chart to funnel. I have an onInitialize action that starts a flow in which i use advanced format init action. First i tried to copy a full demo from https://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/library/pure/highcharts/highcharts/tree/master/samples/highcharts/demo/funnel/ into the highchartsJSON in the action and save the variable advanced format to the screen that i am displaying the funnel chart.

I then drag an areachart widget and apply the var to the advanced format field in it. When i go to the screen i get an error Highcharts error #17: www.highcharts.com/errors/17.

Does anybody know what does the error mean? Is it that i dont have modules/funnel that is required in the higcharts documentation and if so what is the right way to access the higcharts modules.

Can nybody tell me if i am doing something wrong and what shoud i do? 

In addition i copied the scripts of the highcharts and funnel dependencies and uploaded them as simple scripts in my app as required scripts for this screen. Thank u in advance.

highchartserror1.PNG

Solution

Hi roy, 

Hope you are doing well.

Error Highcharts error #17 -> In those JSON  for  Chart : {Type: 'funnel ' ,   there may be  lack of required  script. that's reason for not recognizing tyep.

Please Look my approach.

- > Don't need to use AdvancedFormatInit  at onInitialize . 

Use directly HighchartJSON at AdvancedFormat property of PieChart.

Put below code in AdvancedFormat property.But there should be required JS for funnel.

AdvancedFormat_Init( DataPointFormats:,DataSeriesFormats:,XAxisJSON:,YAxisJSON:,HighchartsJSON:

"{
chart: {
        type:'funnel',
        marginRight: 100
        },
 plotOptions: {
    series: {
        dataLabels: {
            enabled: true,
            format: '<b>{point.name}</b> ({point.y:,.0f})',
            color: (Highcharts.theme && Highcharts.theme.contrastTextColor) || 'black',
            softConnector: true
        },
        neckWidth: '30%',
        neckHeight: '25%'
    }
},
legend: {
    enabled: false
}
}"     
)

Make sure you have required script for Funnel.

If it is not available then create a script file and use it in your screen. You can get that JS from my txt file. Just copy it and paste that Script window.

Check - Sample

Hope this help,

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Funnel.txt

Thank you vey much! It worked.

Please Mark it as solution. So that other can also be  benifited.

Thanks.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.