Tooltip is not working on iOS

Hi,

I have used Content\Tooltip widget in mobile application. When user pressing and holding down then tooltip is not displayed but user is getting an option to open JavaScript. iOS version is 12.5.1

Same is working fine in Android :)

Best Regards,

Nitin

Does anyone facing this issue. We have tested it on iPhone 5s where tooltip is not working.

Hi,

Can you share an .oml with this issue? I can't reproduce your problem in my IOS.

Kind regards, David.

Hi @David Vaello ,

I am working in customer environment, so can't share actual oml. Attaching dummy application oml file.

Best Regards,

Nitin

MobileTest.oml

Hi,

In the dummy application the problem is the usage of the property IsHover in the widget for mobile devices (because of their touchscreens). Besides the behaviour is different in Android and IOS and between versions. For example, in my IOS 14 the device thinks I want to perform a "Select All" in the text.

If I remove the property IsHover in the widget, the behaviour is correct in my IOS 14.

Kind regards, David.

Thanks @David Vaello !

In actual application problem is we have link widget on tooltip. On click of link user will be redirecting to new screen and on long press we are displaying tooltip. This is working good in Android.

If we remove link then it's displaying tooltip on single press in iPhone. But if link is there then for fraction of time tooltip is displayed and new screen is displayed. 

So, in iPhone press and hold is not working for tooltip but single click is working.

I think we need to separate out link and tooltip behavior.

Best Regards,

Nitin  

Yes. Since you can't use onhover event in mobile app, you must re-think the user experience with onclick events in an isolated way.

I hope you can solve it.

Kind regards, David.

Hi,

In iOS we want to have link, which on single click will redirect user to new screen and when user long press on link we want to display tooltip for user.

Any help @Daniël Kuhlmann @Kilian Hekhuis

Regards,

Nitin

MobileTest.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a mobile expert. There's a long press Forge component, but I've never used it and I'm not sure whether it's useful 

mvp_badge
MVP

No need to tag me, if I think I can help and have time to do I will. If I think I cannot or don't have time I will not. Like any community member on the forum also MVPs do this on a voluntary basis, next to a busy workschedule. We are allowed to pick the discussion where we want to contribute. Tagging and sending PM's asking for 1-on-1 support is not part of the deal.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.