Add and Call Javascript

Hi,

I have an Outsystems application and I have an enhancement  to record the feedback of the website in the 3rd party non-OS application  They 3rd party system has given me the JavaScript where the src is given as a https url. they have also given a sample of how to call the JS function. 

I have added a JavaScript(which has a src link)  to my HTML using an expression with escape content "No". As a part of an action I have called the JavaScript and passed parameters. 

Is my approach correct?  Can the parameter I passes to call the JavaScript be accessed by using developer tools? If so, it has to be secured and how can I do that?

I am not a front end developer. Please advise.

Regards,

Abirami

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ariba,

As you are using javascript which is client side so whatever you do with your javascript code, it can be accesses in the browser.

So when you run a javascript in a server action it is actually executed in the client's browser itself after action execution is finished.

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your reply. 

As you are using javascript which is client side so whatever you do with your javascript code, it can be accesses in the browser.  -- Is there a way I can hide/encrypt the sensitive information?

Regards,

Abira

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ariba,

Yes, you can encrypt the content server side and then send this encrypted content to third party in JS. But in this case the third party app should be able to decrypt it before using.

If you have control over third party then this could be a solution.

I am not sure if this was the right way but  when I add a JavaScript the steps I take are:

1. Go to the URL and copy the whole script

2. Paste the script on a WebBlock on this part

3. Drag this WebBlock to the Screen.

This is for Traditional steps since I see on the screenshots that you are using  traditional web development.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ariba,

As you are using javascript which is client side so whatever you do with your javascript code, it can be accesses in the browser.

So when you run a javascript in a server action it is actually executed in the client's browser itself after action execution is finished.

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your reply. 

As you are using javascript which is client side so whatever you do with your javascript code, it can be accesses in the browser.  -- Is there a way I can hide/encrypt the sensitive information?

Regards,

Abira

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ariba,

Yes, you can encrypt the content server side and then send this encrypted content to third party in JS. But in this case the third party app should be able to decrypt it before using.

If you have control over third party then this could be a solution.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.