how to Combine line and column chart with 2 series
Question

Hi, i am trying to create a combined chart - line and column. i am using chart column widget and i am using the advanced format  highchart json to add another series(see the photo attached). the first series i just enter the label and the value in the column widget but i cant seem to figure out how to encode the other series that i want(another column in my aggregate) in the json string. i can enter data by hand : "data : [1,2,3,4,5]. but i want it to use a certain column from my aggregate. if i add the other series in the widget in the field dataseriesname it doesnt work.

Please help, thank u very much in advance.

the highcharts code is attached.

dataseries.PNG

Hi Roy,

see an example oml for 2 charts of different types.

Dorine

QDRChart2Types.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi roy mainfeld,

Have you checked the documentation? According to it, you provide all the data-series as usual and you just format them so they display as different types of charts.

Hope it helps!

i Have checked the documentation and it still doesnt work. maybe i dont know how to provide it with the data series correctly.

when i try it without the advanced format and i use only one chart type it worked (here with stacking with 2 dataseties like that, the second one is Classifier):

BUT when i try the graph doeasnt work at all:

i think that i need to map another datapoint and not add a dataseiriesname in other words i need another value of the average attibute and the label to stay Year_month for both of them. i just dont know how to add the data and i thought that u need to write it in the json code because the data in the jsfiddle is hardcoded. 

I think the essence of my question is how add another Value with the same label under the same graph.

In the documentation i dont see any reference to what my problem is. I fyou can tell what i am doing wrong it would be great. Thank u.

mvp_badge
MVP

The Chart only receives one data point list, but for each data point you can specify the name of the data list it belongs to, so one list can lead to two data series (or more, depending on how many distinct values your data points have on the DataSeriesName attribute).

In the first scenario, the one with the GetClassifierPerWeek.List as source for the chart, if you add the AdvancedFormat configurations, does it work as expected (different chart types for different dataseries)?... if so, then your issue is with mapping the GetMaterialFaultsAvergae.List into the DataPoint List. You probably need to rethink the DataSeriesName value you are using for that one.

Hi Roy,

see an example oml for 2 charts of different types.

Dorine

QDRChart2Types.oml

thank u dorine, the data action is exactly what i needed:)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.