Convert disaster reactive to tradicional web
Question

Hi....

I made the worst desicion (outsystems 11) when I choosen web reactive....(web reactive is the worst option in outsystems, none plugin forge o module is useful in reactive.... even export to excel, ultimate pdf doesn't work)....

PLEASE PLEASE.... how do I convert my terrible reactive web to useful tradicional app....

THANKS YOU.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Carrara,

For the mentioned use case, follow the below-given steps:

1. Create a structure similar to the TableRecords structure or as per the desired excel template
  2. Create a server action for RecordListToExcel conversion
  3. On the Export button click, pass the aggregate result-set /execute the same Aggregate query within the server action flow
  4. Map the result-set of the query execution to the RecordListToExcel node (along with the defined structure), assign the resultant binary value to the server action output parameter
  5. Map the server action output binary content to the download end node (with FileName.xlsx extension) in the client action to export the excel file

See this sample app ExportToExcelDemo

Refer to the attached .oml file

Above all don't worry, stay calm and enjoy the learning :)

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWALabExportXL.oml

Ok, I think there is a lot of pros and cons, reactive is more functional when traditional there is a lot of paths you have to take, there are still things that are getting better, but it's like everything, reactive has 2 years. The same way you have a lot of documentation, there is a lot of things that you have to see and make again!

You can do reverse "engineer" by checking the documentation.

These will be the steps to make.

1. Theme
  2. UI Flows
  3. External sites
  4. Web Screens
  5. Web Blocks, starting with the Web Blocks with no dependencies.

Also, you can see some differences from traditional to reactive

Regards,

Márcio C.

Hi....

I am really worry, exausted.... my reactive web site in outsystems  11 is finished, the users wrote in database everyday.... but at time imposible that they can export to excel or print (2 basics characteristics in any web site)... 

Please anybody, tell me a solution....

Thanks

Hello @Carrara Admin,

Switching back to Traditional is definitely a choice, however, I would recommend taking the time to learn Reactive and all its nuances before making a decision. If it's still of interest to you, I just wanted to address the 2 pain points you mentioned in your post -- "... even export to excel, ultimate pdf doesn't work.... "

1. RecordList To Excel and Excel To RecordList - In Traditional web, these are available in both Screen Actions (Interface tab) and Server Actions (Logic tab). These are still available in Reactive under Server actions (Logic tab). 

2. As for Ultimate PDF, it works with Reactive web applications too. I noticed on a different post where you have requested a demo for a Reactive web app using Ultimate PDF. I have attached a simple demo. Hope it helps.

If you have more question, please keep them coming.

Regards

AJ

DemoUltimatePdfInReactiveWeb.oml

Hi @Carrara Admin,

I have just realized that Ultimate PDF's UI Flow features are not available in Reactive Web apps. 

So I wanted to immediately update my previous post for accuracy. 

I have typically only used the server actions which are available in both Traditional and Reactive web apps so I did not realize this earlier. So if the UI Flow is what you have been trying to use in Reactive, then you are absolutely right about it not being available.

Regards,

AJ

HI....

Very thanks for your answer......but....

RecordTolistExcel .... just works on server side.... (only export a single table exceltolistrecord doesn't export a final user grid (various join tables in recordset user .... a single-alone table is not useful in database sql)...

I have used your example (ultimatepdf)... but doesn't work either... that not print information, print void page..... 8,(

I am really worry, exausted.... my reactive web site in outsystema 11 is finished, the users wrote in database everyday.... but at time imposible that they can export to excel or print (2 basics characteristics in any web site)..... 

Please anybody, tell me a solution....

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Carrara,

For the mentioned use case, follow the below-given steps:

1. Create a structure similar to the TableRecords structure or as per the desired excel template
  2. Create a server action for RecordListToExcel conversion
  3. On the Export button click, pass the aggregate result-set /execute the same Aggregate query within the server action flow
  4. Map the result-set of the query execution to the RecordListToExcel node (along with the defined structure), assign the resultant binary value to the server action output parameter
  5. Map the server action output binary content to the download end node (with FileName.xlsx extension) in the client action to export the excel file

See this sample app ExportToExcelDemo

Refer to the attached .oml file

Above all don't worry, stay calm and enjoy the learning :)

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWALabExportXL.oml

VERY VERY VERY THANKS......

GOD BLESS YOU....

THANKS YOU SO MUCH.....

mvp_badge
MVP

You're most welcome, Carrara :)

God bless you too :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.