Error executing query: select command denied to user x for table y
Application Type
Traditional Web

hi there,

i have succeed in connecting to mysql external db from outsystems. Unfortunately, when running a service that select a table the error comes up (select using entity, not advance query):

Error executing query: select command denied to user x for table y

and when enter directly to db with that user (same with user when connect) and select that table, it is okay.

thanks and regards

Solved, the database scheme is different between dev and prod.

Just check the database schema in the external database connection and in each entity

in the external database entity, just remove or replace with the new schema name.

regards

thanks

Hello @IBOX ,

Are you able to share screenshots of the query and/or more details from service center logs.

For e.g. when using other technologies, typos in attribute names can cause similar errors. With OutSystems the possibility of typos goes away, but a few more details could confirm that. Also is the entity set up for public access?

Regards,

AJ

In the development environment the name of the db connection and the username are different, for Name it is different case - in dev myConn and in prod MyConn; for the user name one is userDev and the prod is userProd, and the db is my sql:

in each entity, i found the property table/view for the table is prefixed with the username and the logical database has value of the connection name those are different case (uppercase and lowercase) - click each entity.

I am suspicious that these will be the issues and will try. May be removing the prefix will do. 

regards

Solved, the database scheme is different between dev and prod.

Just check the database schema in the external database connection and in each entity

in the external database entity, just remove or replace with the new schema name.

regards

thanks

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.