Connection time out

Connection time out

Hi... a total newbie here. while working through the examples i keep having this error message:Connection time out

Connection timed out while contacting 'localhost'.

Check your network connection and if the problem persists increase the 'Short operations Timeout' value in Preferences.

I am running windows vista. I am at loss what to do. Please help.
Hi Charles, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

One way to look into it is to go through a document our own Miguel João's created on the forums, regarding timeouts.

If that doesn't help, one frequent cause for that is either Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, or another firewall or anti-virus application.

If you disable the firewall, anti-virus, and anti-malware software, does any of it have any impact? It may be some kind of rule that's preventing you from communicating with the server.

Also, are your OutSystems services started? Are there any errors in the Windows Event Viewer error log?

Let us know.

Paulo Tavares
One thing I've seen, is that timeouts can often be caused by a lack of RAM. Not that it is ALWAYS that bad when RAM is low, but after publishing, it can sometimes take a few tries for the compilation to finish up and the app to be ready. On my development VM (a clean Windows 2008 R2 install), when it had 1 GB of RAM assigned to the VM, timeouts for a few minutes after publish were common, but when I bumped it up to 2 GB of RAM, not only did they go away, but it ran like smooth as silk.