Create a log register

Hello, i am new in outsystems and i would like know if is possible create a log register with the form login that the out create by itself- How take the informations and put inside the method CreateLogRegister ?

Solution

Hi Joab,

To achieve this you can follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make your screen as role as registered (for which you want to capture all registration log statements in DB)

Step 2: Inside the common UI flow open "Login" screen

Step 3: Double click on "Login" button, then login action will open 

Step 4: Add assign statement to assign values to variable( of type your entity Log register).

Step 5: Use create statement to create each and every record.

You can refer attached below OML for more details

Hope this will help you

Regards,

-V.S.-

Test.oml

Hi Joab,

What I understand from your comments is that you want track when a particular user logged into the system. Right? If this is what you are looking for it is already tracked into the user entity into the attribute last_login.

Or if your requirements are different, please specify in more detail.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

Solution

Hi Joab,

To achieve this you can follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make your screen as role as registered (for which you want to capture all registration log statements in DB)

Step 2: Inside the common UI flow open "Login" screen

Step 3: Double click on "Login" button, then login action will open 

Step 4: Add assign statement to assign values to variable( of type your entity Log register).

Step 5: Use create statement to create each and every record.

You can refer attached below OML for more details

Hope this will help you

Regards,

-V.S.-

Test.oml

Hi Joab,

If the only purpose is to log the info or the login attempts then I would recommend you to use Outsystems Log Feature.

You can call the LogMessage the moment when you successfully validates user-login.

Ref doc for more details:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Log_Information_in_Action_Flows

Hope it helps,

Assif

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.