[Google reCAPTCHA Web] How to implement Google reCAPTCHA in web application?
Forge component by Renato Nascimento
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.21 (Build 41765)

Hello All,

Currently I am trying to implement Google reCAPTCHA in the web application of mine but I not sure how the documentation for Google reCAPTCHA works. I have already obtained the Site Key and Secret Key from Google reCAPTCHA admin console and have put the webblock inside my login page together with the flow/code in the Login button's action.

I have passed the site key to the webblock and the flow runs smoothly that the feedback message is able to show up after I clicked Log In. My conern is, why nothing appears in my screen to let user click/choose to verify themselves since I've implemented recaptcha?? Also, the traffic is not detected in the console because only 1 request has been done?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Junior,

For what I understand, the only thing this reCAPTCHA component does is to identify how likely the request was done by a bot or a human. It returns a score between 0 and 1, being 0 almost for sure is a bot, and 1 almost for sure is a human.

Than you decide what to do based on it... 

I don't think this reCAPTCHA component actually shows the captcha thing...  

You may try this one: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/970/google-recaptcha-web

I think it includes the entire library, including the checkbox I think you're looking for.

Cheers

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the idea and I was actually using the exact same component. Just that the reCaptcha webblock implemented in mine was the V3 (I guess V3 has no checkbox like V2's right?).

mvp_badge
MVP

Ah, yeap. I think V3 has only the "score thing".

Probably you can use both?.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.