Virtual Roadtrip OutSystems - June = 4 sessions - Don't stress, just test
Discussion

Hey OutSystems fans! Do you want to learn about making sure your OS applications keep running smoothly? Upgrade your skills in Quality assurance on the OS platform, BDD testing, E2E testing, and pen-testing. Join the OutSystems roadtrip for FREE.

It's required to register to get exclusive access to this roadtrip

4x 60-min session with Q&A. Start: 8th of June.

PROGRAM

Day 1 | June 8 | 16:00 CET | Carlos Conde

Trip down quality assurance

What is quality assurance in IT? Quality assurance can only be met if best practices are implemented. Let's deep dive together into the OS traditional web applications documented best practices! Best practices that are divided into 11 categories where the focus will be more on performance. And last but not least I will take you on a little trip through some metrics before and after the refactoring of recent projects I did for LINKIT. Are you joining this quality assurance journey?

Day 2 | June 15 | 16:00 CET | Wouter Teensma

Building applications with OutSystems that can pass a pen test with flying colors!

When creating a new application, before going into production, many companies require that a penetration test is done, in order to assess security vulnerabilities.? This is, of course, very sensible. Despite developers knowing about the best practices from OutSystems regarding building secure applications, pen testers usually have quite a few findings.

In this presentation I will show some of the most common (and a few surprising, uncommon) findings that I’ve encountered and how you can avoid them. Since fixing bugs after a pen test usually takes more time then preventing them in the first place, let’s starting building applications with OutSystems that can pass a pen test with flying colors!

Day 3 | June 22 | 16:00 CET | Sezen de Bruijn

Guide to BDD testing in OutSystems

I will give you a high-over overview of where BDD Unit tests fit within the general Quality Assurance approach when working with OutSystems. But what does this look like in a practical way? You will see that in a demonstration of a data-driven BDD test of some business logic. And at last I'll give you a backpack full of some general best practices of working with BDD.

My disclaimer of applicability: BDD as a testing framework applies to server-side logic, API's etcetera, and does not cover client side logic at the moment.

Day 4 | June 29 | 16:00 CET | Remco Dekkinga

Testing with OutSystems outside your browser capabilities

Ever witnessed somebody building a low-code end-to-end regression test with OutSystems, that extends even outside the browser capabilities? I'll show you how to build a test case (in LEAPWORK) that you can schedule inside your CICD pipeline with the same level of technical knowledge as you need for building your application in a low-code tool (OutSystems). The test case will show you that you are not bound to the borders of your browser. You should be able to test whether the exported data in Excel is actually the same as the data on your screen, right?

Good one @Gino Heetkamp 

Thanks for sharing

Good one, Thank you For sharing .!!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.