Higher version NewtonSoftJson not referred in spite of installing nuget package in pr
Application Type
Traditional Web
Platform Version
11.12.0 (Build 29775)

I have created one extension in integration studio. I have installed NUGET package on Newtonsoft version 13. After one click publish I added dependency in my application. It is searching for the version but did not find it. What setting will help me to publish referred version 13?

Solution

Hello @Mangesh Phanse,

Please follow the solution in this post to see if it helps. 

Being an old post it relates to NewtonSoft.Json version 12.0.0.0 , however, the underlying root cause may be worth investigating. So please check if the reference path of the Newtonsoft property is correct.

Regards,

AJ

Hi Aj,

I install the package in in current folder. Close the vS IDE and from integration studio do one click publish. When I do One click publish bin folder gets old file with version 11. Again I open and see dll, it is referring correct path

But when I see bin folder I see

different DLL with version 11. Snap attached

Following is the pattern I am getting

1- Add newtonsoft package from NUGet. 

2- After compiling vs bin has correct dll. 

3- Save project close VS

4- From Integration studio one click publish.

Now bin has old dll

5- It is crashing when referred in app 

6- Again in Integration studio, Select edit source code. Again vs has new dll showing correct path

So during one click publish Integration studio not picking up new dll from Package. That is the problem I have concluded

Another issue I see, when I close Integration studio and reopen it and go for edit source code, it opens some different project path. So every time different folder created in hard drive. Not sure why it is not mapping to permanent folder

I referred the dll from  use C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 11\Integration Studio

It worked for me.

Glad to hear it worked out for you, good work Mangesh!

Dear Mangesh

Please look if you can find the file Newtonsoft.json.dll in the package library. Generally its path is: lib\portable-net45+wp80+win8+wpa81\Newtonsoft.json.dll

Add this file in the resources and try if issue gets fixed. 

We can see file in Resources but still not referring. Please see below screenshot

Seems old assemblies are not getting replaced dates are shown in the image

I tried with another project with Web module and extension with Newton Soft. But result is same. 

Do you have option to add the element dependentAssembly in your either Web.config or App.config 

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-13.0.0.0" newVersion="13.0.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Above inclusion not helping me

Hi Manish,

I tried this option. Not resolving the issue.

Can you show me the content on packages.config file? Which version it is targeting? 

The Objective is to compare the version of Newtonsoft.Json in web.config and with the file version of the .dll file. 

Solution

Hello @Mangesh Phanse,

Please follow the solution in this post to see if it helps. 

Being an old post it relates to NewtonSoft.Json version 12.0.0.0 , however, the underlying root cause may be worth investigating. So please check if the reference path of the Newtonsoft property is correct.

Regards,

AJ

Hi Aj,

I install the package in in current folder. Close the vS IDE and from integration studio do one click publish. When I do One click publish bin folder gets old file with version 11. Again I open and see dll, it is referring correct path

But when I see bin folder I see

different DLL with version 11. Snap attached

Following is the pattern I am getting

1- Add newtonsoft package from NUGet. 

2- After compiling vs bin has correct dll. 

3- Save project close VS

4- From Integration studio one click publish.

Now bin has old dll

5- It is crashing when referred in app 

6- Again in Integration studio, Select edit source code. Again vs has new dll showing correct path

So during one click publish Integration studio not picking up new dll from Package. That is the problem I have concluded

Another issue I see, when I close Integration studio and reopen it and go for edit source code, it opens some different project path. So every time different folder created in hard drive. Not sure why it is not mapping to permanent folder

I referred the dll from  use C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 11\Integration Studio

It worked for me.

Glad to hear it worked out for you, good work Mangesh!

Hi @Mangesh Phanse 

Did you checked the versions and the post AJ mentioned? Here is the way to managed DLL file that we discussed before. 

Yes It works for me now

Thanks @Manish Gupta and @=AJ= for giving valuable time for my query

Welcome :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.