REST WebServices in 5.1

REST WebServices in 5.1

Can anyone advise what is the best way to consume REST WebServices with version 5.1 of the platform?

Thanks,
I've been writing extensions and using libraries like RestSharp. I'd love it if this was built in as nicely as SOAP services, but REST isn't as nicely integrated into .NET or Java like SOAP is...

J.Ja
Hugo or Justin,

I think you could create a post at "Wisdom of Crowds", I'm sure several people will "like" that idea. Well, at least I will "like" it :)

Cheers.
Just did it, thanks for the reminder Nelson!

J.Ja
Justin James wrote:
I've been writing extensions and using libraries like RestSharp. I'd love it if this was built in as nicely as SOAP services, but REST isn't as nicely integrated into .NET or Java like SOAP is...

J.Ja

Hi Justin,

Do you have any extensions that you could possibly share. I've done some initial groundwork to consume a Rest service using RestSharp, but it would be nice to see someone else's example to see if i'm using the api correclty/sufficiently.

This may me too much to ask, but if you also had an OML of an espace that uses the Extension as well.

Cheers,
Leo Maynard wrote:

Hi Justin,

Do you have any extensions that you could possibly share. I've done some initial groundwork to consume a Rest service using RestSharp, but it would be nice to see someone else's example to see if i'm using the api correclty/sufficiently.

This may me too much to ask, but if you also had an OML of an espace that uses the Extension as well.

Cheers,

Leo - The work I did around this is customer confidential, unfortunately. I ended up writing a lot of LINQ-to-XML for reading, and a lot of manual string building for POST/PUT, due to the nature of the service I was connecting to, and a pile of other custom code since it was using 3 leg OAuth authentication that required the user to authenticate the token.

J.Ja
Thanks for the quick response. I guess that is the drawback of Restful services. Alot of customization.

Our outsystems contractors have made it work once already using HTTPWebRequest logic, and implementing all of the deserialization, but after seeing your mention of RestSharp, i started investigating to see how much we can encapsulate by using this api.

Thanks again.

Any update on this? I need to call MobileIron REST web services and I can't figure out how to make the URL call and authenticate.
Hi Gerry,

Did you check this component from forge  RESTFulWebservice ?
Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Actually, I've made a comprehensive guide on how you can go about integrating with REST APIs. You can read it here.

In Gerry's case, if I'm not mistaken, MobileIron provides a WADL to describe the API. The API was quite extensive, so you may want to take the "Integration Studio" approach and after generating a DLL to consume the API with something like http://wadl.codeplex.com/ .
Yes Gonçalo the RESTFulWebservice will help process the response, and Ricardo, your guide is very helpful as well. The main problem I have right now is not knowing how to supply username and password to the REST API calls. I need help with that.