about publish and deploy

When publishing or deploying, the phenomenon that unmodified variables (variables exist) are deleted without permission is occurring.

Do you know the cause?

I am in great trouble.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Sorry for maybe asking the obvious questions, but it will help us better understand your issue:

• You are the only developer making changes to the module?
  • From your description it seems the issue happens when you use LifeTime to deploy the entire application from Development environment to the Verification environment, but not when you use 1-Click Publish to publish the module in Service Studio on the Development environment?
  • In the Verification environment, you "Compare & Merge with Another Version or File..." from the current version deployed from Development to Verification with the previous version in Verification and it marks as changes the ones you actually did plus the removal of the variables that you didn't touch at all?

It was my misunderstanding.

I was developing with another person, so it only reflected what that person had repaired.

I'm glad I was able to ask a question and notice.

thank you for your answer.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Biginner,

What do you mean by unmodified variables are deleted?... they are removed from your code? or they get reset to default values when you use your application (at runtime)?

Cheers!

Hi

It has been removed from the code.

I noticed that it was deleted when I compared the current version with the previous version in "Compare and Merge with Another Version or File ...". Even the parts that I haven't fixed have been deleted.

This phenomenon occurs in the verification environment.

When deploying from the development environment to the verification environment, it seems that this problem is occurring, so I expect that there may be a problem with the deployment.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Sorry for maybe asking the obvious questions, but it will help us better understand your issue:

• You are the only developer making changes to the module?
  • From your description it seems the issue happens when you use LifeTime to deploy the entire application from Development environment to the Verification environment, but not when you use 1-Click Publish to publish the module in Service Studio on the Development environment?
  • In the Verification environment, you "Compare & Merge with Another Version or File..." from the current version deployed from Development to Verification with the previous version in Verification and it marks as changes the ones you actually did plus the removal of the variables that you didn't touch at all?

It was my misunderstanding.

I was developing with another person, so it only reflected what that person had repaired.

I'm glad I was able to ask a question and notice.

thank you for your answer.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.