Service studio performance issue while working with large CSS library
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hi There,

Service studio got performance issue when work with large css libraries in Reactive web and mobile, when edit on "Style Classes", it hangs for very long (depends on how big is the css library, about 20-30 seconds for my case), it's very bad experience, but no issue with traditional web. I believe it is becuase of rendering the auto complete list of the css class, does anyone have idea to turn off the css auto complete or anyway to improve the performance?

Solution

Hi Robin,

Not sure if it helps but in my experience it is way more faster to use the css style selector on the styles tab instead of the selector on the properties tab:

Thank you Bas, thanks for sharing the experience, the autocomplete list almost displays immediately as it only loads maximum 10 matched classes, although it doesn't support expression, it helps for most of the cases. Not sure why OutSystems doesn't use the same way in "Properties" tab, I will open a ticket to understand more, thanks again!

Hello Robin

Does it shows any warning to you of performance or Just the speed of suggesting CSS or Opening the Theme Style Box is slow?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Robin,

Be sure to open a support case with OutSystems about this, so they are aware as well.

Yes, definitely 

Solution

Hi Robin,

Not sure if it helps but in my experience it is way more faster to use the css style selector on the styles tab instead of the selector on the properties tab:

Thank you Bas, thanks for sharing the experience, the autocomplete list almost displays immediately as it only loads maximum 10 matched classes, although it doesn't support expression, it helps for most of the cases. Not sure why OutSystems doesn't use the same way in "Properties" tab, I will open a ticket to understand more, thanks again!

Also i should add that huge css libraries in your application also has a negative impact on the client-side. the whole file is also downloaded in the user's browser so beware it will not become too large.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.