How to update entity from Integration Studio?

I have a database that is integrated with Outsystems, this external database will have new added columns and I'm trying to update the Entity in Integration Studio. I tried adding a new attribute in the Integration Studio and when I verify, it sends out an error. I used same column name as the one used in the external database.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Wilbye,

This doesn't seem to be related at all with upgrading the Entity. As the compilation error shows, there's some tool version problem when compiling the Extension. So my questions would be:

1. Can you succesfully publish, from Integration Studio, other Extensions, or do they all give this error?
  2. Did you change any of the project setting from within Visual Studio?
  3. Have you installed all the latest .NET versions and updates on the PC where this happens?

I haven't tried publishing in integration studio but I tried verifying first to check if it's working just to be safe, didn't change any settings in Visual Studio. Do I update the .Net Versions manually?

I was getting a similar error with Integration studio.  I checked my version number and found that it wasn't getting updated with the latest version (I had it on automatic).  I downloaded the latest version of developer studio from Outsystems and then I was able to publish.

mvp_badge
MVP

Iirc, Integration Studio installation also checks your .NET version and upgrades it as well, if it's too old. So that could explain it.

I'm receiving this pop up first before I can see the wizard. After pressing okay and verifying, I still receive the error.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Wilbye,

The pop-up just informs you that the Extension was built by a previous version (which it was, since you upgraded), and has no relation to the error.

The error tells you that it needs "tool version 12", which is .NET 4.6.1, but cannot find it so it defaults to tool version 4, which is .NET 4.0. So there's clearly something wrong with your .NET installation, but honestly that's a bit out of scope for a forum dedicated to OutSystems. Please try to verify you have installed the latest .NET version (4.8), and if not, install it.

In my experience the ToolVersion message is only a warning, and the real error should be below that warning. Does it also mention that it expects a different .net version?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.