How to restore data in an application.

Hi All,

I want to restore data[All tables] for only one particular application in my Enterprise environment.

The Environment has multiple applications

1. So just restoring the database backup would not not be possible because it will restore data in all the applications
  2. Also restoring only few tables[for one application] is also not possible here, since the database restore process works like either all or nothing.

As per our analysis till now we have figured one possible approach, i.e. 

1. IT will provide a temporary database which will lie in the same server 
  2. That database will be used as an extension
  3. Code will be written in service studio to delete all the existing data & restore data from Temp database to OS database.

can anyone please suggested is this is the only possible approach or we have any other method to

1. Restore data for one particular application, which lies in On-Premise Environment & has multiple applications in it.
  2. Or restore application with Data.

Environment : On Premise

Regards

Ajay A

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

So you have direct access to the database tables, you can use any tool like Microsoft SQL Server Management Tool   or something similar to extract - transform - load data from one database to the other.

Has nothing to do with OutSystems, just SQL.

I want to import old data[Backup data of last week/last month] of only one application, means import the data exported from the same database a week or month ago.

Lets say the database has 100 tables & I just need to restore 10 tables, is it possible with the tool[Microsoft SQL Server Management] in PROD.

Regards

Ajay A

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ajay,

Here it is described how to restore a backup to a copy database:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Restore_OutSystems_database_to_a_different_DB_Server

This is how you can get temporary access to the database backup:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Access_the_database_of_your_OutSystems_Cloud/Temporary_Access_to_Database_Backup

Not that it requires you to have a VPN connection if you run OutSystems in the cloud.

You can indeed use OutSystems logic, or you can use request direct access to your production database too and use tools like Microsoft SQL Server Management Tool or other ETL tooling to restore the relevant data.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Access_the_database_of_your_OutSystems_Cloud

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, for your response.

1. I have access to PROD database & the our Environment lies in On-Premise not in cloud. I just want to restore data[Old data/last month backup data].
  2. This data restore needs to be done only for few tables[All the data] not for the entire database.
  3. Can you suggest any articles or approaches for this.

Regards

Ajay A

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

So you have direct access to the database tables, you can use any tool like Microsoft SQL Server Management Tool   or something similar to extract - transform - load data from one database to the other.

Has nothing to do with OutSystems, just SQL.

I want to import old data[Backup data of last week/last month] of only one application, means import the data exported from the same database a week or month ago.

Lets say the database has 100 tables & I just need to restore 10 tables, is it possible with the tool[Microsoft SQL Server Management] in PROD.

Regards

Ajay A

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.