List_BulkSelect select all rows of the table instead current table page

List_BulkSelect select all rows of the table instead current table page

Hi all,
I’m using a List_BulkSelect widget to select all and deselect all rows.

This widget is working as expected, which allow me to select all and deselect all rows, but it only refers to the rows the table is showing (rows in the current table page).

In order to select all the rows in a table, I create a checkbox “Select all” that updates a variable, to clarify if the user wants to select the rows of the current table page or all the rows in the table.
Is this approach correct?

Now my issue is that I only want to enable/disable the checkbox “Select all” if the user select/deselect the List_BulkSelect widget.
This means, that first I have to select all the rows in the current table page, to select all the rows in the table, and if I didn’t select all the rows in the current table page I can’t select all the rows in the table.

Does anyone have the same issue?
Thank you
Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

One way to do it would be like Gmail does it. Instead of a checkbox, after I check the "Select All" checkbox, it pops up a message, with a link saying:

All 50 conversations on this page are selected. Select all XXXXX conversations in All Mail

If the person clicks the link, it will select all mails. It then reports a new message with a different link

All 16405 conversations in All Mail are selected. Clear selection

and it'll deselect all, as well as the checkbox. This way you won't have to manipulate two checkboxes.

See if this works for you.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,

It is a nice idea to develop a similar selection as Gmail.

In that case, the popup_editor should be triggered when the user check the List_BulkSelect widget (thought the checkbox in the header).  

This means, the “Select All” checkbox above the table is unnecessary. Do you agree?

If yes, the problem now is the popup_editor, that its waiting for a Linkor ButtonId and not a List_BulkSelect Id.

Thank you for your support.
Kind regards,
Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

Yes, I would get rid of the Select All checkbox.

Also, when I mean "popup" I am not talking of the Agile Platform's popup, but just something that shows up after you click that select all checkbox. It is NOT a popup then, but something that is hidden when the checkbox is not selected, and is displayed when it is selected.

I believe you can achieve this with Ajax refresh, and an IF widget.

Do you have Gmail? If so, do open the All Mail folder, and try out the checkbox there, to see what I mean.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,
Sorry for my late feedback. I’m going to try it now.
I’m following your tips “… after you click that select all checkbox…”, how can I verify if it checked or not (I’m using the List_BulkSelect)?

Thank you,

Filipe Feijão
Umm...

Well, I haven't really used that widget in quite a while, but if it's not immediate, there are always some alternatives to do it even if it's by hand.

1 - Using JavaScript, to get the value of the widget;
2 - Iterating through the table's record list, until TableRecords' MaxRecords, and seeing if all checkboxes are checked;

I hope these suggestions help you somehow - probably there are better ways to do it as well. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares