How to Use Input Field + Date Picker

Hi All,

I do need help regarding the use of datepicker and binding it to an input field.

We have this list of records with date and we need to create a filtering function per column as we will be dealing with tons of data.

So I was able to implement filtering of data for columns that is data type Text yet when dealing with Date columns, I was only able to filter the data in datapicker using the OnSelect or OnClose action of datepicker 

(I copy paste the process flow of RefreshTable to datepicker action handler). 

As the RefreshTable screen action is being called first before the OnSelect or OnClose got trigger so the selected date was not being assigned to the local variable used in RefreshTable Screen Action

but the end result of the copy paste was the selected date is not displaying in the input field as you can see below

here is the datepicker onClose screen action. Once we have refreshed the AllAccount we Ajax Refresh the whole table wrapper container.

I would like to ask is there another way that the value selected from the datepicker retains in the input field after the ajax refresh. 

I havve coupple of date columns so I do need a solution on the bug. 

Thank you in advance.

Solution

Input + datepicker below the header is not advisable is a troublesome combination

Sorting screen action is being triggered when the input field is clicked

Temporary/Alternative approach. Use only input field and inside RefreshTable screen action check and verify that the input field value is Date.

Closing issue quite buggy

Champion

Hi d cabral,

If possible please share the oml file.

Also, Can you tell me if the start date changed in the action?

And is the datepicker in the SheetTable_Wraper?

Kind Regards,

If possible please share the oml file.

• Will try to re-create it on separate application

Also, Can you tell me if the start date changed in the action?

• which action do you mean? so this is the sequence of the actions
    • 1st The RefreshTable screenaction is triggered
    • 2nd The onSelect and onClose is triggered after
  • The start date did changed but the value was wiped out after the ajax refresh for sheettable wrapper

And is the datepicker in the SheetTable_Wraper?

• Yes as the SheetTable is the parent container.

I tried to replicate the issue. please see the attach .oap file.

here is the page below. as per reproducing the issue the input field release date onChange is empty but when you click on it the refreshtable screen action will be triggered first before the actions of the datepicker. 

asdf.oap

for follow up up up and away?! :)

Solution

Input + datepicker below the header is not advisable is a troublesome combination

Sorting screen action is being triggered when the input field is clicked

Temporary/Alternative approach. Use only input field and inside RefreshTable screen action check and verify that the input field value is Date.

Closing issue quite buggy

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.