Cookieless Webflow

Cookieless Webflow

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use cookies through all the application except for a specific flow where I want to use the session identifier on the URL. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you,
Pedro Magalhães
Hi Pedro,

To be honest, I do not know if anyone has done it in the past using OutSystems. One way that comes to mind regarding doing that could be creating an eSpace that contains all the flows with cookies, and the flow without cookies being part of a second eSpace. You then make the entry screen Public, and reference it from the other eSpace. That MIGHT work, though no guarantees here :)

The thing is that the "Use Cookies" property is set at eSpace level, so I don't really know nor how you would do it in the same eSpace, nor if it will work changing the context like that during the same session. Still, it might be worth a shot.

Anyone else has a similar experience? How did you manage to get it to work?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello, Paulo

Thank you for your answer! :)

Unfortunately I can't separate the eSpace into two, but that would probably be a valid aproach. The next time I need an architechture similar to this, I will remeber that approach to do it that way since the beggining.

Yes, I know that "Use Cookies" was eSpace-wide but I thought there could be some way of defining it more granulary.

My approach was to set the eSpace to not use cookies because that specific flow really has to be cookieless. I wanted to define the other flows to use cookies mainly for a "cosmetic" reason. Users don't like tokens in their links... :P

Best regards,
Pedro Magalhães
Hi Pedro,

I empathize with the feeling - I don't really like tokens nor parameters in my links... The possibilities it opens up for hacking an application are way too many for me to overlook them :)

Still, even though my suggestion would seem to work, bear in mind that I haven't tested it in the past, and I do not know how an application will behave with that change in context.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares