[OutsystemsCharts] Column Chart with Duplicate Labels
Question

I'm trying to create a column chart (Using the OutsystemsCharts component) and I'm running into an issue where I have two data points in my list that have the same label (In this case the Name of a company) and then a different value (the amount of a purchase for that company) and I want to show those in separate bars on the chart, but it seems that Outsystems is only choosing to show the first item since the second one has the same label.

Is there any way to allow duplicate column label names to show up in the bar chart?

Pictures of what I'm experiencing:

Would expect to see 2 columns here...

Hi,

I also had a try and can confirm that only the first bar of a given label is shown in reactive.

So, I think first off, that maybe you should strive not to have duplicates, in other words, make the labels more informative to your users by adding the thing that distinguishes them (maybe the date of the purchase in your case).  Otherwise, your users see same label several times, and have to guess what each bar represents.

That being said, this might be a bug or on purpose, you'd have to check with outsystems development team.  One way of working around it, is by appending a different number of spaces at the end of the label (for example, if you have a list with datapoints, rownumber spaces or something like that)

Maybe it's just a setting of highcharts that you can change with advanced format, but my guess is that the Outsystems platform removes the duplicates.

Dorine

Hi

Hope you are doing well.

I try to do that, but I wasn't able to get only one chart. Can you explain to me what you did more? OS version and type of application?

Oh that's interesting. That's what I was hoping would happen for me!

My version of Outsystems charts is 1.3.6, and our Outsystems version is Version 11.9.0 (Build 17011).

Also this is a reactive web application. 

Our charts icon is different though...

Hi

Yes, I was on a traditional web app. So, I created a new in Reactive, and the same as you happened to me. What you can do is add a DataSeries to each one. And with that, OS can distinguish the columns and not stack them. Otherwise, it kind of stacks them if they have the same label. 

See if this can help you

Hi,

I also had a try and can confirm that only the first bar of a given label is shown in reactive.

So, I think first off, that maybe you should strive not to have duplicates, in other words, make the labels more informative to your users by adding the thing that distinguishes them (maybe the date of the purchase in your case).  Otherwise, your users see same label several times, and have to guess what each bar represents.

That being said, this might be a bug or on purpose, you'd have to check with outsystems development team.  One way of working around it, is by appending a different number of spaces at the end of the label (for example, if you have a list with datapoints, rownumber spaces or something like that)

Maybe it's just a setting of highcharts that you can change with advanced format, but my guess is that the Outsystems platform removes the duplicates.

Dorine

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.