Breadcrumbs Placeholder - set to freeze the container

Hi All,

I would like to ask help how can I set the container I placed inside the breadcrumbs place holder to be freeze even when the page was scrolled down.

here is the current output of the this css style value: 

"position: fixed; top: 10; right: 0; z-index: 50;"

I do wish to fix the container the one in the red box to be fixed freeze like even when scrolled inside the breadcrumbs placeholder the green box above after the header

when i tried to set the top value to 0 it hides under the header.

Solution

somewhat it works but the result is not pleasing as the breadcrumbs placeholder is being ignored and the div holding the buttons is ouside the breadcrumbs.

may alternative fix is to assign the buttons to the footer and set its position to fixed.

thanks anyway men.

Hello there!!

Can you replicate the "problem" and share an OML to be able to give you a faster answer? This, if you can

Regards,

Márcio 

Hi Marcio,

tried the sticky but not the expected result.

please see the attach file open the Movie screen in your browser.

I have replicate the issue.

I do wish to fix the container the one in the red box to be fixed freeze like even when scrolled inside the breadcrumbs placeholder the green box above after the header

asdf.oap

Here is the solution you have to give a higher z-index, this is why?

Because the header also has the same styles but with a z-index of 100

One rule for the z-index is.

You have to give a z-index like this: 10,100,1000,1000 etc to be kind of a "best practice"

In this case, what I did was give a z-index of 100, and now is not going below the header!

Try to give a z-index of 100 or 1000 to the styles of the breadcrumbs

Let me know if I helped you

Kind Regards,

Márcio C.

Solution

somewhat it works but the result is not pleasing as the breadcrumbs placeholder is being ignored and the div holding the buttons is ouside the breadcrumbs.

may alternative fix is to assign the buttons to the footer and set its position to fixed.

thanks anyway men.

Yeah, that's cool :). To make the buttons on top, when you have top: 0; it was what I said, a z-index higher than the one on the header class, nothing more. That will make the buttons be on top of everything because it has a higher z-index.

So you have moved the buttons to the footer? with position fixed? on top of everything(content)?

Regards,

Márcio

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.