[Advanced Excel] Formula is not calculated with Cell_Write
Forge component by Carlos Freitas
Application Type
Traditional Web

I am trying to put the following formula into cell J2:

=TRANSPOSE(FILTER(Equipments[Barcode],ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Equipment!B3,Equipments[Barcode])),"not found"))

But when I download and open EXCEL, the formula is placed correctly in the cell, but to work I have to press the formula bar and then press ENTER.

How do I get the formula recognized?

I have tried to set the CellType to "formula" but I am getting the following error:

Solution

Hello @Ana Nunes,

You are correct, FILTER is available in Office365 but not in Excel 2019 and earlier versions. So unfortunately you will encounter the error for this reason.

Regards,

AJ

Hello @Ana Nunes ,

To correctly calculate and display formula using Advanced Excel, the following are 2 steps necessary:

set celltype to 'formula' and

implement 'Worksheet_Calculate'

I would also recommend using a different variable name and change "formula" to for e.g. "myFormula" etc just in case.

As long as the formula is well constructed (no syntax or functional errors), hope that works out for you.

Regards,

AJ

Hello @AJ.

I am trying to put this formula into CellValue:

but excel gives an error: "We found a problem with some content". 

Is it because the FILTER() function only exists in Office 365?

And thank you for your time!

Solution

Hello @Ana Nunes,

You are correct, FILTER is available in Office365 but not in Excel 2019 and earlier versions. So unfortunately you will encounter the error for this reason.

Regards,

AJ

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.