Trigger event
Question

Please Sir/Ma'am, I want to create a module. In which, when I click a button, color of box should be changed. How should I do this? 

Champion
Solution

Okay Neeraj, Please check the attached OML for reference. Please note this OML has other forum solutions as well. You Just have to look into DataScreen as explained in below screenshot

Though I have checked later Solution from Agno also have same logic and posted before me. You can use that as well :)  

LookDataScreen.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

See the example in attachment, go to screen "ChangeColor", the input color is change when click in button.

See too the Input Attributes.

Hope it's help.

example.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Neeraj,

Can you give more details of what you need to do (trigger) by clicking the button? for example:

- Change the input box color of just one screen;

- Change the color of a div/container;

- Change the color of the clicked button;

- Etc..

What type of application (Reactive, mobile, traditional) ?

Kind regards.

Sir, I'm creating Reactive web Application. Actually I'm new in Outsystems and couldn't understand triggering concept. But in this module, I want to change the input box color of just one screen.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

See the example in attachment, go to screen "ChangeColor", the input color is change when click in button.

See too the Input Attributes.

Hope it's help.

example.oml

Hi Neeraj,

Usally Event is used to notify a parent Block or Screen.

You do that by:

• defining an Event in the Block, and then
  • defining handler Action that is triggered by the Event

Breif explanation about event is here

In your case, you are not passing the value from block to screen. So you don't want to create a event. Input to the particular block is enough

To change the input box color for a particular screen. You need to do following steps,

Step1 :  Create a block with the input parameter

Step2: Add the extended property

Step3 : Set the input parameter to true for the screen you need to change the color.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S

Thanks Sir....

Champion

Hello Neeraj

Welcome to the OutSystems!

It seems you are looking for the simple method to change the Input box Color if someone clicks on the Button.

Please check this URL and click on Change Color Button. Please confirm if you are looking something like this - https://personal-9qwkrkgl.outsystemscloud.com/ForumHelp/DataScreen?_ts=637599900604926215 

Just to try, you can put the color name like yellow, red, black, green in inputbox and try updating the color of input box.

Yes Sir, I just want to create like this...

Thanks Sir..

Champion
Solution

Okay Neeraj, Please check the attached OML for reference. Please note this OML has other forum solutions as well. You Just have to look into DataScreen as explained in below screenshot

Though I have checked later Solution from Agno also have same logic and posted before me. You can use that as well :)  

LookDataScreen.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.