Clone production data to test in hosted environment
Question

All of the information on this topic that I have been able to find is specific to self-hosted environments. Is there a way to do this in a cloud hosted environment? We have found testing in dev to be insufficient to our needs and we would like to test some upcoming major changes with production data without affecting our users.

Thank you for your response. We have not tried this yet, but I appreciate being made aware of it. Does anyone know a way to do this without incurring additional cost?

I think there is a free version up to some point.

If it doesn't suit you try Cool Data Mover.

I am waiting on a license for CDM, if it works i will mark this solved. Thanks!

Champion

Hello Jaren

Please look into one old thread that was initiated for the same to Clone the Application on Same Environment.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/60199/create-multiple-applications-from-one-application-in-the-same-environment/

You can look of this Branching feature can help you. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Did you reply in the wrong discussion? I don't see the relation with the question.

Champion

What I have understood from the question is - Jaren is developing an application that has production and dev environment. The environment is the cloud environment. Generally they test the application in dev Environment and then Deploy to Production but this time they want to test newly developed features on Production Environment directly because dev environment has some insufficiency. 

So, what I thought is we can clone the current application on Production Environment, Add New Features in the Clone, Test the Updated App and then Deploy it in the Original One. 

To found the solution I saw in the reference link where some members has discussed to create this clone. I am not sure but that could help. Am I getting this totally wrong? Sorry, I may be because I am still learning these topics. Please help me to know 

mvp_badge
MVP

I think you got it wrong. The question is not about the applications. The question is how to copy production data easily to a QA or TEST environment to test against more realist data.

Champion
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.