How to take three text box values into a list in Reactive Application
Question
Application Type
Reactive

I'm having three input text boxes inside my form and I want all them to get into list, to achieve this I Used List Local Variable and assigned each record to the current value

when I run this application as all three text boxes having same variable , when i'm typing on any text box the value is coming in remaining text boxes also 

even if the Data type Option or Option List the behavior is same

if I use separate  three variables to three text boxes then at the end I need to add manually all three record values to a list, even I can't use loop here as records are in separate variable

please suggest me a better possible way.

thanks in advance

Sai.

Champion
Solution

Use OnInitialize event and append text local variable ( 3 or 4 times whatever you want.) to your List local variable. You can use ListAppendAll or ListAppend with foreach loop. 

Check uploaded oml.

ListInputBox.oml

Hi Jeevan Sai,

I just need clarification. Are these input are binded within the list?

I have attached the sample oml and URL here

If any queries let me know

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S

DynamicInput.oml

Hi @Ellakkiya S I'll give a try and let you know

Thanks

Champion

Hi jeevan,

Instead of putting three input box inside form. Use List  widget and put Single input widget in that list and that List record should have source to that local list variable. So, Now input boxes appear according to length of list. If you want to 3 input box shown in list try to append three record in a list before initializing  the screen. You can use OnInitialize event for appending three value in list.

Hope this help, 

Cheers

Hi @Rahul Kumar thanks for the quick response

I understand your idea but this form is for creating a new record, so how can we assign the length, say for ex 3 or 4 text inputs. 

As it's just a input I've used it 4 times to meet my requirement. 

Champion
Solution

Use OnInitialize event and append text local variable ( 3 or 4 times whatever you want.) to your List local variable. You can use ListAppendAll or ListAppend with foreach loop. 

Check uploaded oml.

ListInputBox.oml

Thanks for sharing OML, it resolves my issue.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.