[ReactiveScanCodeCam] Scanning barcode on reactive app
reactivescancodecam
Forge component by Tiago Coito
Application Type
Reactive

The plugin works fine on my laptop. however fails to scan when opened in chrome on my android phone. Has anyone found a solution to using a barcode scanner for PWAs ?

Hi @Rakesh V,

I'm trying to reproduce the problem, but in my case, only works to QRCode, Barcode nothing happened.

The requirement is to use a PWA app? If you use directly the google chrome (by link) the behaviour is the same?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I am building a reactive app that I would want to run on Android & IOS as native. And also on Android/IOS/Web as a PWA. Barcodes for me, it does scan some of them on laptop. But none on my phone.

Thank you.

Hi ,

Have you been able to come up with a solution or alternative option? All I am looking for is a barcode scanning solution for PWAs.

Thank you.

Hi,

Not yet, I have made some tests but for PWAs it does not work properly :/
I am trying to find other library to use to allow barcode and QR Code scanning for PWAs.

Thank you.

mvp_badge
MVP

This didn't work in Edge or Safari on iPhone either, all it did was show a drop down for a camera selection. Was very hopeful this would let me use a PWA as well. If I figure out an answer I will let you know, but it looks like my tight timeline needs me using a native app instead.

J.Ja

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.