Newly added records not present in table list

Newly added records not present in table list

I have a table list of rows from my master db table.  When I add a new record to that table and refresh the list, the new db record is not included, although I can see it in the db.  I thought it might be cached, so I refreshed the page and still not showing, stopped/restrarted iis and still not showing.

The table list was auto-generated by dragging the entity to the page, and I have not customized anything other than one field (to concatenate two values).  Is there some inherant logic in the table load that would exclude newly added records, and if not, what am I missing here?
Hi John,

How are you? I'm glad to see you around :)

Tell us: what happens when you test the query? Does it return the expected results?

What about the table - have you set a Max Records that by chance is not allowing you to display the results?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
I'm doing well - thanks for asking.  Really enjoying the product aside from some oddities like this.

1. When I test the query, using a search keyword that should return a result of 4-5 rows, nothing is returned.

2. There is no Max Records or caching set for the query

How exactly does the search keyword functionality work?  When I do a query against the underlying table with something like LName like '%hoffman%', I get 4 result rows.  The same keyword returns nothing in the application query.
Hi John,

Well, it should work as you expected, so I'm guessing that there's something else going on there. Is it possible for you to post your eSpace here, so we can take a look at it? If not, do let us know, 'cause I'll arrange for it.

Maybe even a screenshot of the query in Service Studio would work, who knows, as well as the data type for the input parameter...

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
I ended up dropping the page and readding and that seemed to solve the issue.  Maybe I messed w/ something that I didn't remember doing. 

Thanks for your help.  As usual, the problem is at the keyboard and not in the software:-)
Hi John,

While I am happy that you managed to get it to work, I really would like to look into what was going on. The theory of "the problem is in the keyboard and not in the software" doesn't really do it for me - the software is supposed to make you guys rock, not get frustrated :)

Could you at least send us over a previous version of your eSpace and the screen where the problem occurs? I'd love to look into it.

If you can't post it here, do let me know and we'll talk by Private Message.

Regards, and keep up the great work :)

Paulo Tavares
No problem.  Attached is the eSpace
Hi John,

I'm sorry, just by looking at the eSpace, I don't see much that might be wrong. If you have the chance of letting us see the correct eSpace, I'll try to compare them and see if something went wrong on our end.

It's the Prospect List screen, right?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Attached is the working version.  Some entity properties have changed since the version I sent you, but not much
I have to apologize... I did look into it, I swear, but being unable to publish, I wasn't able to see what could be significantly different between one of the eSpaces and the other.

I hope that it doesn't go wrong again.

Best of luck with your project!

Paulo Tavares