Reactive maximum update depth exceeded

Hi,

I have a working webblock with multiple aggregates but once I add an extra aggregate with the entity Dock_List the webblock throws an error and saying

Minified React error #185; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=185 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.

The website above tells the following error: Maximum update depth exceeded. This can happen when a component repeatedly calls setState inside componentWillUpdate or componentDidUpdate. React limits the number of nested updates to prevent infinite loops.

The aggregate has nothing special to it. It only has a join and a calculated field. Removing the aggregate makes the webblock work again and removing the join and the calculated field results in the same error.

Does anyone know what is going on?  I've tried republishing through service center. But it results in the same error. 

Unfortunately I cannot search my OML but I can provide images.

Kind regards,

Bo

Solution

I've found the problem. I've got two dropdowns. They both had the same variable and different aggregates bound to them. The combinations of those two gave me the error. Once I changed them to different variables it worked again. You could also change the bound aggregate to the same as the other one. That will fix it too. But I don't know why that is happening. Could someone explain to me why that is happening?

I can't explain your issue but just in case someone else finds this post with the same error:

I also had this issue but only in my staging environment. Ticking a checkbox (which basically just hid or enabled some screen elements) caused the error and much confusion given that Dev was fine. Turned out that I had not deployed the new version of Outsystems UI to that environment (thinking that it would be picked up as a dependency). 

The error message could definitely be more friendly - both short and long versions!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.