Is there an easier way to upload and deploy resources?

Hi all

In the project I'm working on, I'm required to install some extra plugins in the CKEditor component. Some plugins have lots of files and folders. Currently what I'm doing is going into each folder of the component, select all non-folder files, drag and drop to the resources folder in Service Studio, and then set their target directory in a bulk. This ends up taking a lot of time, specially considering that most plugins depend on other plugins that also need to be installed.

Is there an easier/faster way to do this? Maybe I'm missing something.

Despite CKEditor plugins, I think it would be really helpful to have a more powerful UI in the resources, namely being able to drag and drop folders from the filesystem and have them automatically assigned with the correct target directory. 

Regards,

Manuel

Solution

There is a project in the github in this link to help you to do that: GitHub - achinita/ImportResources: A small tool that allows to import full folders of resources into OML files, using ServiceStudio.exe. 

It is old but it still works. You only need to select the current dll from service studio folder,  your oml and the files you want to import. It is very useful.

Regards

Fabio

mvp_badge
MVP

Nice l, will try it out!

Thanks Fabio!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Manual,

I did it once too, had the same concerns as you as how much manual work it is, but could not find an easier way.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

There is a project in the github in this link to help you to do that: GitHub - achinita/ImportResources: A small tool that allows to import full folders of resources into OML files, using ServiceStudio.exe. 

It is old but it still works. You only need to select the current dll from service studio folder,  your oml and the files you want to import. It is very useful.

Regards

Fabio

mvp_badge
MVP

Nice l, will try it out!

Thanks Fabio!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.