Issue updating reference column in a entity
Question

Hi,

I am new to OutSystem and I am facing one issue with updating a column in a entity. The column I am facing issue with is a reference column to a static entity. Attached is my entity diagram below and also .oml file has been attached.

Basically in a screen I am showing phone number details for a contact. A contact can have multiple Phone numbers. The phone number for a contact is shown in a screen using a table widget. On the table itself I am providing functionality to edit each  phone number record. Everything is getting saved for  PhoneNumber entity but it is not saving PhoneNumberType which is a reference column to a static entity with rows value as home, work, mobile. Also attaching UI Screen and Save action flow. Please guide me on how to update PhonenumberTypeId in PhoneNumber.

PhoneBook.oml

Solution

Hi,

plz have a look into Demo

Need to add a local variable of phone no entity type and assign the value before update it.

Amit Jain

PhoneBook.oml

Thanks  Amit for your quick help. It is working.

Solution

Hi Biswajit Kayal,

for dropdown you need to assign the phonenumbertypeid as variable instead of GetPhoneNumberTypes.List.Current.PhoneNumberType.Id

Hope this helps,

URL and oml is here

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S

PhoneBook.oml

Thanks for your prompt help. It is working.

Solution

Hi,

plz have a look into Demo

Need to add a local variable of phone no entity type and assign the value before update it.

Amit Jain

PhoneBook.oml

Thanks  Amit for your quick help. It is working.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.