Opening the same Tab if its already opened by clicking the same link
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi Team,

We have a requirement like need to open the tab in same tab if its already opened by clicking the link with same parameters, I know we can achieve it by windows.Open() to open the same tab, but the challenge is we the link is present in another application which is developed by .Net, so from that application we redirecting to outsystems application by clicking the link.

So, If i click the same link from .Net application i want to open the tab in existing tab if its opened already.

So, Please advice how we can control it from outsystems application side, is there any possibility's.

Thanks in Advance

Balaji

Solution

yes plz look into this oml. This is based on the traditional application type.

Redirect.oml

I am not clear, can you please share some snippets, so that I can reach the issue.

Thanks for the response @Amit Jain, Currently i dont have access to take the screen shot, Let me explain clearly,

We have parent Web app call A and child web app called B so A is in different technology called .Net and B is in outsystems technology, for some business purpose we communication from A to B, so when we clicking the link in A its redirection some pages in and its opens in new Tab, so if click again the same link again in A it should be open same tab instead of new tab.

Thanks

If you want to open a link in the same tab then need to add the target property in the link below with self-value.

https://amitj.outsystemscloud.com/opentabinSameTab/Users?_ts=637616809932047421

Note: this link will not be available after 24 hours.

opentabinSameTab.oml

Amit its opens all the links in same tab, my concern is consider if I have 4 list of values in my list page, if I click the first value its open in new tab and if I click the next values it should open again new tab but if I again click for the first values it should redirect to the first tab since we already opened the tab with same parameter.

But in you demo screen all the list values opens in same tab.

Also this link is present in external application so how we can control that in outsystems app.

Thanks

Balaji

now got your point. let me work on that. Hope I can do something for you.

Thanks for the understand my issue @Amit Jain :)

Share me some demos that okay to understand.

This should find but If the link coming(other source .net app) from different application how Can i control it.

Solution

yes plz look into this oml. This is based on the traditional application type.

Redirect.oml

URL is dynamic in this demo coming from Entities. you can bind it from Dotnet function from where are you getting the URLS

Thanks for you effort Amit Jain, Will look in to with actual application and keep you posted :)

Hi @Amit 

For more understand can you create two separate application and make connection between them, so when we click link form one application that URL redirect to another application screen. It would really helpful for me to understand with above concept.

Thanks in Advance

Balaji

How are you getting data from B to A via API?

No just they clicking the link from A(.net app) to B(Outsystems app), so all we need to control from B.

So when click on from A app link and directly open that app B in new tab... Right  

Then you have to apply the JavaScript code on App A(.net)

And add class opener same as in my module in App A link .

I don't think that it can be control from app B

Yeah, Amit you are correct, and Thanks for your all effort, If you find any solution just please post here.

Hi Amit,

I Think we can get the external URL in our outsystems app so by adding the class into that URL we can achieve this right?

If so how I get that external URL coming from app A in our outsystems app.

Thanks in advance

Balaji

yes, we can get it.

I already told you, if you can expose Rest API from App A and consume in Appb(Outsystems) and create a page to show them with links and then apply the same class and javascript. then it would start work as expecting you.

The second option if you can access the App A database table as external DB via extension in AppB(Outsystems) then you can read the table and apply the same solution as I shared in OML.

Which is the suitable for your application you can do.

Amit Jain

Thanks for your response Amit, but its not possible here to expose the API form app A, so do we have any other way to find that URL.

Hi Amit,

The script which you shared opens the screen in new windows but i want it to open in the same window on next tab, so if possible can you share you thoughts on by any demo, its more helpful to complete my task.

Thanks in advance.

Balaji

Hi Amit,

Are you able to open the target screen in New Tab instead of opening in new Window Pop up, if you can able to do please update me.

Thanks

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.