Number added to referenced entity name

Time for probably a silly question.

I've referenced a entity from another module.

Now  a '2' is added to the name of the entity, Process2.

Rather ugly and I want to get rid of it but OS don't allow me.

I've searched for other object with the name Process but I can't find them.

Is there an easy way to tackle this problem?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I'm glad it is working for you now.

Actually, it seems to be a strange behavior in Service Studio, because you didn't have an object called "Process" indeed.

So I kinda tricked Service Studio... I added Process System entity, and it was added as "Process" and not "Process3".

Then I renamed "Process" (System entity) to "Process3" and renamed "Process2" (your entity) to "Process".

After that, I deleted "Process3" as a dependency and everything was working properly.


Not the best behavior indeed, so I will report it directly to OutSystems.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please consider to close the thread.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Cees,

Hope you're doing well.

Check if your module is also adding Process System entity as a dependency.

This can cause another entity called Process to become "Process2" in that module.

Also, check if you have a Structure called Process. They impact in the naming as well.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

I'm fine hope you are doing well to.

Thanks for your fast response.

I've checked both and that's not the case.


Kind regards,

Cees

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello again Cees,

That's strange. Can you share your OML so we can take a look?

Usually that only happens when the platform detects another object with the same name in that module.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Cees,

Thank you for sharing your OML.

I changed it, can you please check if it is okay for you?


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

QisProcessesRAPI.oml

It looks ok.

But for my understanding.....can i make this change myself.

And how can i detect what's causing the problem, in the future?


Kind regards,

Cees

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I'm glad it is working for you now.

Actually, it seems to be a strange behavior in Service Studio, because you didn't have an object called "Process" indeed.

So I kinda tricked Service Studio... I added Process System entity, and it was added as "Process" and not "Process3".

Then I renamed "Process" (System entity) to "Process3" and renamed "Process2" (your entity) to "Process".

After that, I deleted "Process3" as a dependency and everything was working properly.


Not the best behavior indeed, so I will report it directly to OutSystems.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please consider to close the thread.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the clear explanation.

I applied in our production environment and this works like a charm.

Kind regards,

Cees

mvp_badge
MVP

It's even weirder - downloading that OML, I could create a local Entity called "Process" just fine. If I delete that again, I can rename Process2 to Process without a problem. Seems like there's some old reference being stuck or something, getting cleaned after Process is created.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.