I can't pass the Nullidentifier() on a link to navigate to the other screen
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi All,

Its my 2nd day on Outsystem training .

Now i'm on this training Screen Interactions Exercise < Developing Web Apps (OutSystems 11) - Training | OutSystems  and found error in my exercise file.

I always follow the exercise resource and made my own OSMDB module. But I found error in the step when I need to make a link to navigate to MovieDetail Screen to add new Movie.

In this pict the link destination is to MovieDetail Screenand the MovieId is NullIdentifier() because thos MovieId is Mandatory.

And i already make the if function in MovieDetail to show when the MovieId is NullIdentifier() like in this pict so if the MovieId is nit nullidentifier() it will show the movie title in database and if it is null it will show "New Movie" for the title. 

It success when published but when i click the New Movie link it will show nothing like this.

The strange thing is i do exactly the same thing using the Quickstart OAP file in the resource and it doesn't show error in the New Movie link. Kindly need your help about this.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Fahmi

Hello Fahmi 

Please remove this if condition

here the URL is working now

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Oh i see, already update it and the problem are solved, this is really help full. 

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Fahmi

Hello Fahmi Ferdiansyah,

You have add an if condition to the layout which is not needed. The screen was blank it is displaying the false statement part which is movieid = nullidentifier(). Remove the if condition and publish ,You can create a new movie. Go through the training material related to movie detail screen to figure out why you have added the if condition.

Oh i see, already update it and the problem are solved, this is really help full. 

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Fahmi

Solution

The reason is not showing is because you are doing an if on top of the layout, and if is a null identifier, it will not show anything, you just needed to do the if on the title placeholder :)

Kind regards,

Márcio

OSMDBFFF.oml

Hello and welcome!! Can you share your OML? Export that module and share it? to be able to see what is the "problem".

Kind regards,

Márcio

Hi Márcio,

This is my OML file, already start the exercise from the beginning but still have the same problem.

Kindly need your help about this problem.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Fahmi

OSMDBFFF.oml

can you share the core module too? please :)

I don't have on my side

Sure,

This is my Core OML.

Thank you for your help :)

Warm Regards,

Fahmi

OSMDbCoreFFF.oml

Solution

The reason is not showing is because you are doing an if on top of the layout, and if is a null identifier, it will not show anything, you just needed to do the if on the title placeholder :)

Kind regards,

Márcio

OSMDBFFF.oml

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Fahmi

Hello Fahmi Ferdiansyah,

You have add an if condition to the layout which is not needed. The screen was blank it is displaying the false statement part which is movieid = nullidentifier(). Remove the if condition and publish ,You can create a new movie. Go through the training material related to movie detail screen to figure out why you have added the if condition.

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Fahmi

Hello Fahmi 

Please remove this if condition

here the URL is working now

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you.

Warm regards,

Fahmi

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.