Issu app  rejected by Apple store
Question

Our app has been rejected by Apple store, here is what they say:

"Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

We noticed that your app does not let users purchase access to the paid digital service or features, accessed by the app, using the in-app purchase API."

So we explain to them the purpose of our App :

Vloug is a B to B application that allows you to create a profile, and to propose services that will be consumed outside of the app. Also no purchase is made and will be made on the application IOS.

Services are not features of the app, for example :

- You are a Youtuber that would like to sell sponsored video on your Youtube channel

- You can download the app and create a profile, then indicate the price of your sponsored video  (service).

- You will generate a link with all your services that you can share with others

- Finally customers can access to your link and can buy your services from the website

After reading carefully the guideline, our app corresponds perfectly to the requirements of apple.

3.1.3(e) Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase physical goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

Here is what Apple replied :

“However, we continue to find that your app provides a paid digital service that should be accessible to users, using in-app purchase.”

Please, has anyone encountered the same kind of situation ?

Does anyone know what to do ?

Thanks for your Help,

Best regards,

Marco

Hi Marco, 

What apple means is that if you want to create an app that consists of the following use case:

- Finally customers can access to your link and can buy your services from the website 

It should be done using apple pay, otherwise you are circumventing their payment methods and that is against their guidelines.

Other than that i cannot help you more with this because these are guidelines that apple enforces and there is no way around them, unless you create a PWA application instead of putting it in the app store.

Hi Bas de Jong,
Thank you for your answer.

I think I misunderstood guideline 3.1.3(e)

when they say "you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry."

Does that mean you have to use  traditional payment outside the app so on the website ? because this  is what we have now.

In our case I find it a bit unfair because customers will not have access to the links via the app. The customers won't even have the app. It's a support application for professionals who will share their link via the networks. 

I have appealed to Apple to get a second control.  I hope they will accept the app.

Thank you sincerely for your help.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.