Developing Web Apps | Modelling Data Relationships

This is connected to the Developing Web Application course, and section "Modelling Data Relationships".

Is there a more comprehensive explanation for Indexes in entities? ... with many examples for me to fully see their purpose and practical use-cases?

Hi David,

i think the Outsystems documentation is probably focused on how to implement indexes on entities, not on the why.

If the why is what you are after, indexes are not an Outsystems concept, but are commonly used in relational databases.  So you can google indexes and find information from beginner to very advanced.  Remember that outsystems entity = table and outsystems attribute = column

Dorine

Hello David,

I am not sure there is any example present or not 

but may be this documentation will help you to understand

thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande 

Hi David,

i think the Outsystems documentation is probably focused on how to implement indexes on entities, not on the why.

If the why is what you are after, indexes are not an Outsystems concept, but are commonly used in relational databases.  So you can google indexes and find information from beginner to very advanced.  Remember that outsystems entity = table and outsystems attribute = column

Dorine

Hello David,

If You want to know more about practical use case of Indexes in entities. Please read this Exercise Materials (Download Lesson Material) . It will help you as you want to understand this concept.

Screenshot791.png

Hi David,

please mark as solution if you got solution.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.