Is there a way to input time just for minutes and seconds?
Question
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.11.10 (Build 46735)

Hi all,

Basically I would like to be able to input Time, in minutes and seconds, to record the time taken for people to complete different tasks.

For example, lets say Person A took 2 mins 10 secs to run 500m, while person B took 1 min 55 secs to run 500m, how do I record down these timings? 

I had taken a look at the Time data type and realized that when I put it into the input field, it takes in "hh:mm tt" which is not what I want. I would just like to record down "mm:ss" in the input field but I don't really know if that is possible.

Maybe I am missing something and the solution is staring me in my face but as of now for each Person, I am using two separate integers, one to record minutes, and the other to record seconds. I doubt this is the best way and thought to check if there's an easier solution to this.

Cheers!

Hello Lucas 

As you already check that, that is the best way to get data type is datetime () and in your action you can easily used

formatdatetime( your date time variable,"mm:ss") 

Or else used this component

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3975/stopwatch-mobile

May be this will helps you,

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you! I'll give it a try later and let you know if I run into any issues!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.